This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for oacc.cc. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Oakland Asian Cultural Center grants Licensee a license to enter into and use the following areas (also referred to as “the Premises”) at the times and for the purposes set forth below and for no other purpose. Licensee agrees to pay fees and costs as listed on Rental Agreement.
- STAFFING & EQUIPMENT COSTS, OVERTIME AND EXCESSIVE DAMAGE:
- The above charges are based on specific information provided prior to preparation of the License Agreement. A separate invoice for any additional equipment and services requested by the Licensee, which are not included in the original License, will be submitted to the Licensee following the conclusion of the event.
- Licensee is responsible for all damages to the building or property caused by the event. A Damage Deposit of $150 (conference rooms), $500 (auditorium) and/or $300 (alcohol present), separate from the Total Base License Fee, is due. The Damage Deposit will be withheld until damage invoice is paid in full. Confetti, Balloons and flower petals are not allowed
- DUE DATES AND OBLIGATIONS TO THIRD PARTIES: All amounts are due when contract is signed or Oakland Asian Cultural Center has the right to cancel this event. Oakland Asian Cultural Center shall not be liable for any obligations Licensee may incur to any third parties.
- FACILITY SET-UP AND ACCESS BY EVENT PERSONNEL: All set up information must be presented to the Oakland Asian Cultural Center. Equipment is provided on an “as available” basis. Set up revisions will be billed on a time and material basis. Set up revisions are not guaranteed. The Oakland Asian Cultural Center does not provide personnel to make changes to the facility set-up the day of the event. Licensee is solely responsible for all liability (including but not limited to personal and property damage) should s/he move the Oakland Asian Cultural Center equipment.
- CANCELLATIONS: In the event of cancellation prior to the event date, deposit refund shall be made as follows and the remaining Base License Fees shall be due to Oakland Asian Cultural Center as liquidation damages. In the event of cancellation, Licensee also agrees to pay any other expenses incurred by the City of Oakland or the Oakland Asian Cultural Center in connection with the activity covered by this Agreement. 90 days before (95 % refund), 60 days before (50% refund), 30 days before (1/4 refund) 29 days before zero refunded.
- INSURANCE: Licensee shall provide the Oakland Asian Cultural Center with a Certificate of Insurance evidencing General Liability Insurance coverage, including products, completed operations, personal and advertising injury with minimum limits of liability of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$1 million aggregate. The Certificate of Insurance must be provided to the Oakland Asian Cultural Center with contract.
- Licensee may use any insurance company of its choosing, however, insurance company must maintain a minimum financial rating of “A” by AM Best.
- Insurance policy must name the City of Oakland, its Council, Oakland Asian Cultural Center and their officers, representatives, agents and employees as additional insured under the insurance contract. The Oakland Asian Cultural Center must be named as Certificate Holder.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY: Licensee shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the City of Oakland, its Council, Oakland Asian Cultural Center and their officers, representatives, agents and employees from any and all claims for losses, damages and liabilities of any kind including but not limited to attorney fees and costs arising from an injury or death of any person or to any person or property (including loss thereof) relating in any way to Licensee’s use of the License and/or Premises, except to the extent losses are caused by the sole negligence of the Oakland Asian Cultural Center, the City of Oakland or their agents.
- It is hereby agreed that the City of Oakland and the Oakland Asian Cultural Center are not bailees of Licensee’s property and shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any property of Licensee, its agents, contractors, employees or invitees which is delivered to or stored on the Premises.
- CANCELLATION BY OACC: Oakland Asian Cultural Center has the right to cancel this event when the terms and conditions have not been met by the deadlines stated in the License Agreement or the insurance certificates are not properly stated or do not properly cover this event. By this Agreement, Licensee hereby represents that a full and complete disclosure has been made of all information which might be pertinent to the Oakland Asian Cultural Center and that all of the statements are true and correct. I/we understand that if I/we give any false information this event will be canceled. Any misrepresentation involved in renting this facility may result in the immediate cancellation of the event and Licensee’s deposit will not be refunded.
- ALAMEDA COUNTY’S POSSESSORY INTEREST TAX: Licensee understands that the use of the Premises may constitute a possessory interest tax and that the interest may be subject to property taxation. Licensee is solely responsible for any such tax.
- ASSIGNMENT: This license may not be assigned without prior written consent of the Oakland Asian Cultural Center.
- AUTHORIZATION TO SIGN: Execution of the License Agreement is evidence of the fact that the signatory is authorized to sign on behalf of Licensee and that the official purpose stated above is correct.
- Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 48 hours before a scheduled class. This gives us the opportunity to fill the class. You may cancel by phone or online here. If you have to cancel your class, we offer you a credit to your account if you cancel before the 48 hours, but do not offer refunds. You may use these credits towards any future class. However, if you do not cancel prior to the 48 hours, you will lose the payment for the class. The owner has the only right to be flexible here.