Date(s) - June 4, 2017
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Oakland Asian Cultural Center
We will have a new class starting in the summer. Come to this workshop for a preview!The regular class will start June 5. The class is every Monday, Room 6, 7:00-8:30pm.
There is also two beginners workshops:
June 4 – 11am-4pm – Room 6 – http://bit.ly/2rSaepq
August 20 – 11am-4pm – Room 6
In this introductory level workshop, you will learn the basics of American Tribal Style®, a group improvisational Belly Dance format. You will be dancing to percussive beats in fast music as well as expressing your sultry self to yummy slow music… all while connecting with your fellow dancers and creating something beautiful together in the moment!
American Tribal Style® with Kelsey is a great fit for you if:
- You’re looking for exercise that is fun!
- You thrive in community or are craving community
- You wanna shake shake shake it!
- You want to connect with and trust your body more
- You’d like to be challenged in a new way
- You have something primal and powerful within you wanting to be expressed
No previous experience necessary!
This is a low-to-medium impact class suitable for ages 16+ and all genders.
All body types are welcome. You don’t have to look a certain way in order to belly dance!
What to wear and bring:
- Clothes you can move your body in (yoga/gym outfits)
- Ballet-flat dance shoes or socks (unless you want to dance barefoot)
- A full water bottle
- Your packed lunch or money to purchase lunch nearby*
- A willingness to experience joy and connection
* We will have a lunch break in the middle of the day.
Additionally, a portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting the OACC, and I will be donating all of my personal earnings from this workshop to charities that support civil liberties for all (and like-minded causes).