OACC builds vibrant communities through Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) arts and culture programs that foster intergenerational and cross-cultural dialogue, cultural identity, collaborations, and social justice.
About the Internship Program
We are looking for top talent to join our team in all of our departments. OACC internships are unpaid volunteer positions and are great opportunities to learn about Oakland’s wonderful community and cultural environment in a small business environment, and sharpen interpersonal skills. Internships are for three months with potential to intern for a longer period. Internships are seasonal: fall, winter, spring, and summer.
We are looking for interns who are service-oriented, personable, outgoing, and who are able to build positive relationships with all constituents. Flexible and detail-oriented are a plus. Interns must demonstrate a genuine interest in learning and promoting the mission and vision of OACC. We will only consider candidates who can volunteer for at least 12 hours per week. All interns are required to assist in general office and administrative responsibilities, including reception desk coverage, making copies, scanning documents, maintaining the office, etc. Routine volunteer hours may include some weekends and evenings as mutually arranged.
- Must have a can-do attitude and is willing to learn new things
- Must be very organized and have great follow-through skills
- Must be MS Office proficient with strong Word & Excel Skills
- Must be proficient with Google Drive
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We will give you a call or arrange an interview as soon as possible, and will get back to you with our decisions within 1-2 weeks.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to Marvin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line must include your name and the intern position(s) you are applying for (i.e. Subject: Marvin Lee, Outreach & Communications Intern).
If you would like to apply for more than one position in, please send separate applications. For any questions, please email Marvin Lee at email@example.com.
OACC is open to proposals in other focus areas and intern opportunities that may not be listed in this application. If you have skills that you feel would benefit OACC in some way, please send your resume and cover letter (describing your proposal and how your skills would help OACC) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
As the Administrative Intern, your primary responsibility is to assist staff with day-to-day administrative tasks and organizational needs.
- Performs a wide variety of technical and clerical tasks
- Field inquires relating to programs and rentals
- Prepares and files reports, presentations, operational documents, and correspondence for the ED
- Performs a variety of entry-level administrative staff duties
- Research, organize and maintain a database of clients
- Back up reception desk coverage as needed